Wednesday, July 23, 2008

I am 24.98 years old

Well, it’s been a long time. I’ve actually been busy and completely unwilling to blog. I try to think of something to write about and then give up. I spend my energy elsewhere.

My birthday is coming up. I actually have less than a week remaining before I am twenty-five years old. It was bothering me for about ten minutes, then I got over it.

I think 25 is the last milestone in the age thing, before you hit 65 and suddenly everything is cheaper. At 25 you can rent a car without paying their extra underage fees. That’s something I’m definitely looking forward to.

Pepper has been telling me that if I don’t give her ideas, she is not going to get me anything for my birthday. She is basically complaining that I never tell her what I want or that I buy everything for myself. I have heard this complaint from my mom before too. When it’s Christmas time, I am not allowed to buy anything for myself.

The thing is, I like surprises. When someone asks me what I want for Christmas or my birthday, I kind of get peeved. I know that it’s a standard question, but come on. I don’t like to make a Christmas list. I usually don’t get half the stuff on it, even though I plan it according to the budget I know I have to work with.

I am the type of person who listens intently to what people say. If someone mentions in passing that they want something, I make a mental note for the next holiday. I also strictly observe the types of clothes that person wears, or what they say they do in their free-time. Then I shop accordingly.

So, I rarely ask anyone what they want. It helps that the person I buy gifts for the most is Pepper, and I know pretty much everything Pepper likes. We have a lot of the same tastes. I know Pepper’s size. I know Pepper’s favorite color. I know most of the movies in Pepper’s collection.

And that's the reason I usually don't have anything planned for what I want for the next holiday. I don't remember, but like I do for you, I expect you to remember. But then again, maybe the gifts I buy aren't any good. Then this whole rant sounds so dumb...

1 comment:

¡Vieve! said...

I'm the worst friend ever!