Tuesday, January 29, 2008

Once you go black...

First, before I start, I just want to point out that I do not hate the planet.

Okay. Now that is out of the way, I am going to rant for a little while. What is up with people "going green"? It's like this silly trend like Atkins or Feathered Hair. It seems like another trend celebrities are trying to force on us "normal" people; however, they aren't really doing it themselves.

And at this time of year, with this type of weather; global warming is just impossible to believe. It's been snowing practically every other day for over a month. It gets to 40 degrees and I'm all, "heat wave!"

Not to mention that "going green" is a very expensive endeavor. Hybrid cars cost more to make and don't make so much sense in a place like this. The electric part of the car is charged when you push on the brakes. Here in Utah, when you are traveling on highways in low traffic (a rarity, I know) you don't push your brakes often. Your gas mileage ends up being about the same. Hybrid electric cars make more sense in places where you travel a few feet, hit the brakes, then repeat. High traffic urban areas.

I'm tired of people telling me to go green. I am tired of people saying they have stopped washing their hair or that they only use one square of toilet paper. No you haven't/don't. And that seems more hazardous to the rest of us humans than helpful.

I am going black. I am continuing in my current habits. I own a gas only car. (Take that Prius owners.) I will not cease driving it because it might save the planet. I will continue to wash my hair and use normal amounts of toilet paper. I will continue to recycle when it is convenient. I am not going to feel bad about it.

1 comment:

¡Vieve! said...

Going green is lame! I will join in your quest to go black. And I love love love your subject line.