Tuesday, February 5, 2008

You know running makes me hungry!

Gabby motivated me to be a runner. She is always calling me fat with no provocation other than me calling her fat. As a result, over one year ago I started running about 5 times a week (some weeks are better than others). I started off around 5 minutes a night. I’d run as much as I could and then walk the remainder of 45 minutes. I have been working my way up since then.

In December, my company announced that they would sponsor us to run in the Salt Lake City Marathon, taking place on April 19th. I knew there was no way I would be able to do that. Fortunately, the SLC Marathon has multiple events: the Marathon, Half Marathon, Bike Race and 5k. After looking into all events, I decided the 5k was the one for me.

For those of you who don’t know, 5 kilometers is 3.11 miles. Once I found this out, I got on the treadmill and made sure I could run this distance. Ever since then, I have been “in training”. It’s fun to say that I’m going to run in the 5k portion of the SLC Marathon.

Anyway, the reason my company is sponsoring us is so we can raise funds for our non-profit organization, Foundation4Life.

I would appreciate if anyone reading this out in the wide, wide world of web would please learn more about Foundation4Life (http://www.4life.com/community/c_found4life.aspx) and if you feel inclined to, visit my fundraising page:
http://www.active.com/donate/healthy4life/Janille.

Any contributions are appreciated and 100% of the donations will go to the Casa Rosada.

See you at the finish line!

1 comment:

¡Vieve! said...

Running does make me hungry. Does it negate 4 miles of running if you eat an entire cake? Because I don't think it does.