Friday, June 20, 2008

GOOOOOAAAALLLLLLL!

Kansas City Wizards at Toronto FC
Poor Kansas City. They are winless in their last six games and they have to travel to Toronto this weekend. No one is going to have a good time playing at BMO this year. Kansas will extend their winless streak to seven games. Toronto will extend their winning streak to two.

FC Dallas at New York Red Bulls
I would not have picked Dallas over Chicago last weekend. They haven’t been playing very poorly, but since losing their coach, they haven’t been overly impressive. Now they have a new coach and he certainly has something to prove. New York gave up a late goal to New England Wednesday night. It’s better than I thought they would do. The Red Bulls have only had two days to rest, but at least they are at home. I think they will win.

Houston Dynamo at Colorado Rapids
Houston lost yet again the New England last Thursday while Colorado lost to Toronto. Despite their poor form, Colorado are only two points behind Houston. Both teams will be eager for three points. It’s just a matter of who wants it more. I would say that Houston does.

New England Revolution at Real Salt Lake
Last weekend, I predicted RSL would lose at Chivas. They won. On Wednesday, I was sure they would win at home against San Jose. They tied. I’m thinking that we don’t have a chance against New England—even with Twellman and Joseph missing. I hate to say it. They will be lucky to get a tie, but I expect a loss.

Columbus Crew at Los Angeles Galaxy
The Galaxy are proving over and over again that they are a new team. In their last five games, the only team they have lost to is Toronto. The Crew are coming off a victory over Kansas. I expect a lot of goals from this game, but the Galaxy will have more.

San Jose Earthquakes at DC United
San Jose have a knack for pulling strange victories out of a hat. Unfortunately, DC is climbing toward the top of the East. I don’t expect that this will be one of those games that shock everyone. It will probably end with DC victory.

1 comment:

¡Vieve! said...

I can't believe RSL tied with bloody San Jose.

Maybe New England will have an off night. (fingers crossed)