Tuesday, June 10, 2008

I'm going to Disneyland!

Well, we had a successful trip to Disneyland. I wish that I could write about everything that happened. I think that would be boring for everyone. We have safely established a few things, though…

I can break rides by willpower. I have twice broken Indiana Jones by saying out loud that I hope it would break down--once while we were on it. I have also broken down Space Mountain, but not in time for us to stop on the ride and have to walk off. Too bad.

Disneyland is hardest on my feet. I get blisters and more blisters. I can’t put on any shoes by flip-flops. By the end of the day, all I want to do is sit or lie down.

There is too much food in Disneyland. We ate a lot, but it felt like we hardly ate anything. We only got one trip to Bur-r-rbank, one churro, one ice cream sandwich, one frozen banana, one everything. And as the slogan goes, once is never enough.

Disneyland is one of the best places to “people watch”. There are so many freaky people who show up and are dressed to the nines, or who are not dressed enough. There are crazy people who can’t walk around the park, and it’s obvious it’s just because of their size. There are people who cannot keep track of their one child, so they put them on a leash. How can TWO adults not keep track of ONE child? You can sit on a bench for just five minutes and see a fair number of people worth mocking go by.

Driving in California is safer than driving in Utah.

I don’t think you should ever wait in a line that has a posted wait time of longer than 30 minutes. Fast pass the ride or come back another time. The only time we spent longer than 25 minutes in a line was waiting for the Nemo Submarines. And since we had chimichangas to eat and interesting people around us to talk or listen to, it was alright.

Californians have no concept of what Utah is like, unless they have actually visited.

You can eat for cheap in California Adventure. Just take the Mission Tortilla Factory tour and the Boudin Bakery tour. Free tortillas and sourdough bread for all!

The front of Screamin’ is worth the wait. The wind whips at your face and you can see the track the entire time. If you can’t ride in the front, or don’t want to wait for the front, try riding with your eyes closed. The coaster is a different experience when you don’t know what’s coming next.

I can wear a baseball cap on almost any ride and it will not come off.

So, useful tips and fun facts. Anyone want to take a trip? I’m ready for another vacation.

1 comment:

¡Vieve! said...

I want to take another trip!

And I think I broke my foot.
I don't know if I should blame Disneyland though.