Friday, November 21, 2008

Go my favorite sports team!


So, It’s rivalry week at 4Life. Basically that means that the day before gameday (today) everyone brings every piece of BYU or U of U paraphernalia they have into the office and displays it. It also means that everyone who went to one of these schools and still cares wears either a piece of clothing from that team, or that teams colors.

I, in my traditional I-don’t-care stance, am wearing yellow. This is in support of Columbus who play New York for the MLS Cup on Sunday. This is one of the few times when I support a different team than Real.

Anyway, back to rivalry week, I’m not really into football, as we know, so whether BYU or U of U wins, I couldn’t care less. But, I like the spirit of rivalry week. I love that people hang their flags and then sabotage the other team’s supporters. I have access to a color printer and so someone asked me to print out the above picture so he could hang it on a U fan’s flag. I just thought it was funny. If you can see the faces of the guys in the crowd, it looks like they are cheering because the U player got hurt. Sports are fun!

I wish everyone here at work got into soccer like this. Then I would be all over it. Until then...Go BYU of U! Beat the opponents soundly. Score a goal-unit-basket…

1 comment:

¡Vieve! said...

I'm voting for the Utes. Just because everyone else goes for BYU. But in the grand scheme...I really could care less.