Wednesday, November 19, 2008

No Really, I'm Fine

Much to my dismay, soccer season is over. I’m dealing with it just fine. I took a personal day on Sunday to recuperate from Saturday night’s loss. (Actually I have a cold.) It’s fine. As they say, there’s always next year. Besides, the season was so long this year (34 weeks all told); and if they start the same week next year as they did this year, we’ve only 18 weeks until the next game. And don’t think I haven’t already started counting down.

Sadly, those eighteen weeks are winter. Winter me no likee.

Which brings me to the real matter at hand. I have a cold. My first one of the season. Whoo! I actually hate everything about colds. My nose runs or is stuffy. I cough. I get tired just because I’m walking. It throws my running off. AGH!

So, I am totally overdosing on Vitamin C. I drink a lot of Simply Orange and plenty of RioVida. Usually when I’m sick, I’m totally into soup. This time it’s just simple foods. I’m all about fruit (gala apples and bananas and peanut butter and jam sandwiches.

Luckily, and this I attribute to TF, the cold seems to be ebbing. I was able to run last night, though not my usual length. Right now I have to be able to run well because next Thursday is not only Thanksgiving (delicious food), but it’s also a 4-mile race. I intend to do well, not stop half-way through because I can’t breathe anymore. Oh, and I’m totally going to beat Pepper!

1 comment:

¡Vieve! said...

I am gonna kick your butt like you wouldn't believe.