Tuesday, November 4, 2008

I Voted Today!

I sure did. And I waited in line for 25 minutes to do so. I have the sticker to prove it. I'm not going to say who I voted for. Let's just say, I don't think either of the candidates for president in the two main parties are fit to run this country. This election has been incredibly annoying to me. I have hated watching the bickering and slandering and the stupid things they all say. No matter who wins, it doesn't really affect my life.

I do think that America needs to do away with the electoral college. I think it is a large part of why most Americans don't take the opportunity to vote. Especially in states like Utah, where the electoral votes go Republican, a single vote doesn't seem to matter. I think that would be different, were each vote counted. Every person's voice should be heard, individually.

Anyway, off my soapbox. May the best man (or woman) win, or failing that, may the people be ready for the consequences of their actions.

1 comment:

¡Vieve! said...

We're posting the same thing today. :(