Monday, May 12, 2008

MLS Predictions

Okay, this may seem completely lame, but I forgot to go home on Friday and post my predictions. I know it's after the fact, but I promise these are the predictions as I wrote them on Friday before any of the games. I've also added whether I was correct or not, since all these games are over. Wow.

Colorado Rapids at Houston Dynamo
Houston are looking worse and worse as the season goes on. Colorado is in their normal form. They win some, they lose some. The same cannot be said of the Dynamo. So far this season, there has not been any “win some” for them. I’m going to stick with Colorado this time around.

Final: Colorado 1, Houston 2

FC Dallas at Real Salt Lake
Dallas started off the season very impressively. They were winning against good teams. I think it took them to week four to lose a game. However, their performance at San Jose was not very impressive last week. San Jose is a scrappy team, but Dallas should not have settled for a tie. The same goes for RSL last weekend. We were at home. We were playing much better than LA. We should have beat them. I think the loss had a lot to do with the poor officiating. Jason Kreis is suspended because he voiced his opinions about that. I think Real can win, but I think they will settle for a tie and I will be furious. Especially if the refereeing goes the way it has been lately. I’m sure my opinion is not at all objective, but there it is. I think the Real victory over Dallas will come the next day when the Reserves play.

Final: Dallas 1, RSL 2

Columbus Crew at San Jose Earthquakes

Columbus are sitting at #1. Congratulations to them. San Jose has been looking better, but I don’t think they have much of a chance against Columbus. The Crew will take the three points.
Final: Columbus 3, San Jose 2

New York Red Bulls at Los Angeles Galaxy
I really badly want New York to win this game. I like most of the guys on their team. I especially like Angel and how feisty he is. He is finally back and played the full match last week at Toronto. I think he is getting more and more eager to get a goal in the books. I hope he will prove that this weekend. The Red Bulls are a better team than LA. Plus, right now, I’m particularly upset at the Galaxy.

Final: New York 2, LA 1

New England Revolution at Chivas USA

Chivas, once the crown jewel of the Western Conference, are not looking good at all right now. They followed an embarrassing defeat by LA with a tie at Houston, who are pretty much pathetic right now. New England are struggling, but I hear that Steve Ralston is coming back to the field. I think that will be the boost they need to take three points from Chivas.
Final: New England 2, Chivas 1

1 comment:

¡Vieve! said...

Did you see a picture of Twellmen during the New Englad game? He looks like he's aged about ten years!