Friday, May 23, 2008

MLS Week 9

No predictions last week. I probably would have gotten everything wrong, anyway. I never would have picked Houston to beat Chicago. Not with the way they are playing. I also would not have guessed that LA would beat Dallas by four goals. What was that? Here are this weeks guesses:

New England Revolution @ Columbus Crew
New England is back with a vengeance. Columbus is, I believe, still #1 in the league, but I think New England is going to put a stop to that this weekend. I would say that they are ready for a victory-and a meaningful one. Let’s go with The Revs.

Toronto FC @ DC United
DC has been so pathetic of late. In their last six games, they have lost five times. That’s not good. Toronto are no longer the team you feel bad for and so you secretly cheer them on. They are now the team you hate because they keep winning and are a bunch of tools. Even so, I bet they get three points this weekend.

Real Salt Lake @ FC Dallas
Dallas fired their coach and I cannot figure out why. Someone must have had a serious grudge against him. Their assistant coach has stepped in, for the time being. Real beat Dallas two weeks ago and really need to win an away game. However, I don’t think that this will be the game they win, much to my chagrin.

CD Chivas USA @ Colorado Rapids
Chivas are making me sad. They were able to beat DC last weekend, but that’s not saying much. Colorado are still in their form of winning a couple, losing a couple. I believe tomorrow’s game is the second of a couple wins. Let’s give them the three points.

Kansas City Wizards @ Los Angeles Galaxy
LA keeps pulling out these crazy victories that no one can explain. 5-1, 5-2; but then they have equally pathetic losses. Kansas City was doing great earlier, but have since fallen a little. I still think KC is the better team and hope they come out with the three points.

Chicago Fire @ New York Red Bulls
Chicago lost last week. At home. To Houston. It made me laugh for a long time. New York will be at home and hungry for three more points. Angel is back to full fitness and Altidore is looking good. However, NY does not have their coach this weekend or Dave van den Bergh. I really want NY to take the three points. I’m hoping that by saying they will, it will make it so.

1 comment:

¡Vieve! said...

I want Real to win! We could win! You know Houston has fallen far when San Jose beats them.