Tuesday, March 11, 2008

Here it goes!


So, absolutely nothing has been going on in my life. It’s the same as always. I get up, get ready for work, drive to work, work, drive home from work, run, watch TV and go to sleep.

With spring coming on, I am getting very excited. Not only for soccer, but also for all the other stuff that comes with warmer weather. In my case that means camping, swimming, hiking, and all that other outdoors-y stuff.

When I was young, my family used to spend almost all summer camping at one place or another. I’ve been to Bryce, Arches, Zion, Capitol Reef, Mesa Verde, Great Basin, and everywhere in between. We spent a lot of time at our friend’s cabin up in Island Park, Idaho on Bill’s Island. It’s one of my favorite places in the world.

We also had a property up Fairview Canyon where there was a lake. The lake didn’t allow boats with motors, so there were a lot of fishers, canoes, rowboats, peddle boats and all that. We would swim in the lake, too.

Sadly, Gabby was not treated to such an outdoor-friendly childhood as I was. She did not spend her childhood vacationing. So, in my mothering efforts (that’s just my personality), I am trying to go to as many places as I can with her. Last year we visited Bryce and Zion. This year, I’m hoping we can get to Capitol Reef, which is my favorite of the National Parks I have been to.

And, I’m also trying to get her to try new things. I think this year we may actually camp one of our trips. Although, I admit, I kind of prefer the hotel route. It’s nice to come back from your long exhausting hike and take a shower or lie in a bed. You can’t do much of that with tents.

We will definitely be spending a lot of time outside and out of town this summer. It’s great. Utah is a summer state, to me. I don’t like the winter activities or the cold. Plus, ReAL doesn’t play in the winter.

Eighteen Days.

1 comment:

¡Vieve! said...

I cannot wait for all of our stuff we are going to do! I seriously think we need to get to some warm weather soon, or else I'm-a kill someone. Eighteen days.