Thursday, March 20, 2008

You know I love you more than one guy should

My sister invited me to go to the Novell Brainshare Concert with her last night. She got tickets from a friend who didn’t want to go, but knew how much she loved the band playing. That band was none other than Collective Soul.

Collective Soul is one of my favorite bands. I’ve been listening to them since their first album came out in 1995. I was really excited for the concert.

Unfortunately, not everyone who was at the concert was as excited as we were. You could tell as soon as the first song started, they were unsure of what was going on. I chalk that up to the fact that they are a bunch of nerds from a computer company. No offense whatsoever to them, but it was kind of funny. Never before have I seen people leave a concert after a song or two.

I like to stand throughout a whole concert. I prefer the floor. Those are the people who are really there to see and hear the band. They dance and sing along and generally have a good time. All the people around us last night were seated and were not singing, dancing or anything. It was kind of disappointing.

I was comparing it to the last Collective Soul concert I went to. It was about seven years ago. I’m pretty sure the people next to me were drunk, but they were enjoying themselves. We were all standing and dancing and singing along. It was a good time. I felt bad for the band last night. Most of the people were just sitting still like they were at the symphony or something.

Anyway, we had a good time and we also got to see the comic Frank Caliendo. He does voices in his act such as John Madden, George W. Bush, Bill Clinton, Charles Barkley, Jay Leno, Kermit the Frog, Robin Williams, etc. It’s very impressive they way he just goes from voice to voice. And hilarious.

We are now down to the single digits. 9 Days.

1 comment:

¡Vieve! said...

Man, if only I had an occasion coming up in which I could see a band perform live! A girl can dream.
8 days.