Friday, March 28, 2008

I can be an odds-maker

During the soccer season, I will mostly be thinking about soccer. I think my bloggity-blog will largely reflect that. Starting today, I am going to include my predictions for winners of the weekend MLS games. If only I worked in a really cool office where people cared about soccer; I could use my predictions to win a pool.

Toronto FC at Columbus Crew
Word is that even with a new coach, Toronto is playing awful. Gabby says they are the team to beat this year. Columbus also has home field advantage and that one guy who wears his sleeves shorter than everyone else’s. I’m fairly certain we’ll see a Crew victory from this one.

Chicago Fire at Real Salt Lake
As much as I hate to admit it, Chicago is good. Or they were last season. I don’t like Blanco. I think he is a baby. I am also afraid that with another off-season overhaul of RSL, they aren’t playing at their full potential, yet. Of course I am hoping for a RSL win, but I think when we hit 90:00, the Fire will go away with the 3 points.

Houston Dynamo at New England Revolution
Oh boy! Here we have a match-up of the two teams that played in last year’s MLS Cup. If this game goes the way of the cup, Houston will win. I’m thinking it will. The Revs lost Noonan and Dorman. I’m sure their misery over that will slow them down. It certainly did me.

DC United at Kansas City Wizards
Kansas City sans Eddie Johnson? When they were forced to play without him last year, they lost almost every game. I hope they’ve acquired some depth since losing him. I’d say DC takes it, but not by more than a point. The Wizards are at home, and though they don’t start him much, they still have Sasha Victorine!

Los Angeles Galaxy at Colorado Rapids
This game could end in a 0-0 tie, but I think Colorado might pull out a victory. Nothing that happened in the off-season convinced me that LA has made any strides towards becoming a better team. Beckham and Donovan will be jet-lagged and tired from playing earlier in the week. Who else is on the team? I give this match to the Rapids.

Chivas USA at FC Dallas

The only Sunday game this weekend and it’s against the two teams whose shirts involve red and white stripes. I love Kenny Cooper. However, I love Esky a little more. And I think Chivas is probably still the better team. I’m giving the victory to them.

Good luck to all (except Colorado, I hope they lose). One day.

1 comment:

¡Vieve! said...

Ha ha we blogged about the same thing! I even think we chose the same people.

24 hours!