Wednesday, March 19, 2008

Unky Moe, my sody is too cold, it makes my teef hurt.

Yesterday morning I went to the dentist. In preparation I brushed my teeth twice that morning, flossed and swished with Listerine mouthwash. It must have paid off, because the dentist and his assistant both said that I have very clean teeth and that I should keep doing what I am doing.

My dentist is located in Magna, which is pretty much out in the middle of nowhere. I have been going to the same dentist my entire life. He knows my family well. When we were little, he had a prize drawer. When you had finished with the dentist, you got a toothbrush and then you got to go pick a little toy from the drawer. I got all sorts of cheap little knick-knacks that I loved.

I think the prize drawer is part of the reason that I like the dentist. It’s not that I’ve never had painful work performed, because I surely have. I have had cavities filled without the aid of gas or shots. I had all four of my wisdom teeth pulled last year and I remember pretty much the entire procedure; and I felt it.

But he’s a really good dentist. He takes good care of me and the pain is never so bad that I can’t forgive and forget.

I don’t get a prize from the drawer anymore. I’m not even sure if he still has one. I get a toothbrush, mouthwash, floss, and toothpaste. And the free stuff, still kind of wins me over.

1 comment:

¡Vieve! said...

Maybe you should start asking for the prize drawer again. You never know, he could totally give it to you, because he loves you so much. In a normal dentist-patient way, of course.