Friday, April 18, 2008

Emelless Week 4

I’m kind of shocked about how the season is going so far. There is not one distinct team that is showing they are champions. It’s kind of throwing me off. DC and Columbus played last night, and DC lost. At home. To the Crew. I don’t know what to expect from this weekend’s games…but that won’t stop me from pretending I do…

Real Salt Lake @ Toronto FC
The kick-off for this game is scheduled for 10:30am Mountain Time. Gabby and I will be fresh off the Salt Lake City 5k (which I will win). The watch party is at Baxter’s and we are gonna be having some brunch. Because of that, it’s going to be a great game, even if we lose.

Both RSL and Toronto won their games last weekend. However, I would have to say that Toronto’s victory at LA was not as impressive as Real’s. Toronto managed to score 4 goals, but they also allowed 3 goals. Real scored the same number of goals, but Nick Rimando kept a clean sheet.

Playing Toronto at home for their season home opener is not going to be much fun. Their fans are crazy. Despite that, I still think that Real will manage to win.

New England Revolution at New York Red Bulls
Poor New England. They are looking frazzled right now. They were defeated by Colorado last weekend, but I guess Colorado is looking fairly impressive right now. New York was also upset last weekend. I have yet to see New York play this season, but I have seen New England. I think being at home will be to the Red Bulls’ benefit. I think New York wins.

San Jose Earthquakes at Colorado Rapids
San Jose. Poor guys. They really need a win to get them going. They managed to hold Chicago to only one point last weekend, which I found impressive. I don’t; however, think they have much a chance of beating Colorado at home. Three more points for Colorado.

Houston Dynamo at Los Angeles Galaxy
I’m really disappointed in Houston’s performance so far. They have yet to win a game and they are allowing a lot of goals. That being said, LA has allowed even more. I think this game will be determined not by the team that scores more goals, but by the team that allows more goals. I think LA lets more past. Dynamo victory.

Kansas City Wizards at Chicago Fire
Kansas was playing well at first. They were shocking us all, I think. Chicago has yet to lose this season. Their playing isn’t altogether impressive, but they are going to be at home. I give this one to the home team.

FC Dallas at Chivas USA
When these two teams played three weeks ago at Dallas, they played to a tie. I am going to have to say that the home field will work to the advantage of Chivas. They were nearly unbeatable there last year. I say Chivas will clinch the victory.

Good luck to all those participating in the events of the Salt Lake City Marathon.

1 comment:

¡Vieve! said...

I hope your predictions go better than they have in previous weeks.

You're going down.