Tuesday, April 29, 2008

I'm a hiker

I love to hike. Ever since I was a little thing, I’ve been hiking. My family spent most summers camping and that meant a lot of hiking.

I don’t even care where I’m hiking. The Bonneville Shoreline Trail runs along the mountains just above my house. I like to get on that and take it north or south. I like to hike in the national parks. I like to blaze my own trail. I like to follow well groomed trails.

But I have a hiking routine. I prefer hiking in shorts and tevas. I always carry my CamelBak. Because I’ve been hiking for so long, I know the way I am most comfortable hiking.

I especially love hikes that involve water. That’s part of the reason I prefer to hike in my Tevas. If I see water, I generally get in it. I slosh through streams, rivers, lakes, tiny springs, I’m all about the water.

So, like Gabby, I’m way excited for the summer and the warmer weather. It can’t come soon enough.

1 comment:

¡Vieve! said...

I need to get a new bladder for my camelback. Write that down.