Friday, April 4, 2008

MLS Week 2

I think it’s kind of official. I cannot pick teams. Both of the teams I gave the win to yesterday lost. How’s that for accuracy? I’m really disappointed in you, New England. San Jose…you probably don’t need me to reprimand you.

My awful stats so far will not stop me. So, I present the weekend games:

Columbus Crew at New York Red Bulls
This is not only the Red Bulls home opener; it’s their first game of the season. I’m sure that they are eager to come out of the gate running. They now have Juan Carlos Osorio as their coach, and we all saw what he did in Chicago last season. Columbus is coming off a victory, but it’s against Toronto (which isn’t saying much). I say NY wins.

Toronto FC at DC United
DC lost last weekend to Kansas City, but they did the same thing last year. They are still the more impressive team of these two. Toronto is going to have to work really hard to get anyone to take them seriously. DC victory.

Colorado Rapids at Kansas City Wizards
Both teams won at home last weekend. Colorado beat the Galaxy 4-0 and Kansas City beat DC 2-0. I’m having a really tough time picking a winner between these two. So, let’s call a tie and give them each a point.

Real Salt Lake at Chivas USA
Our lovely RSL are playing at Chivas. They have never had a victory against Chivas at the Home Depot Center. That being said, they are playing remarkably well (if one game is a determining factor) and Chivas don’t look quite as impressive as they should. They were only able to come from behind and hold Dallas to a tie last weekend. I’m of course voting for a Real victory, but I think Chivas might take it. I really hope we don’t end in another tie.

FC Dallas at Houston Dynamo
Again the lone Sunday game; this time it’s the Lone Star State Rivalry. Dallas lost their edge to Chivas last weekend. Houston will be angry about their New England loss. I think Houston wins.

No comments: