Wednesday, April 2, 2008

MLS Report

I didn’t report at all on the games on Saturday. Gabby’s blog on the subject is more than sufficient. I will satisfy myself with saying that we have excellent seats. Most of the people around us are very vocal and it seems like we’ll be having a good time.

Well, my first weekend predictions weren’t very good. I got the Colorado win and the Columbus win, but I was off on the rest.

That’s alright. Real came out with a tie instead of a loss, which is good. New England beat Houston, not a bad thing.

Thursday night is a double header on ESPN2. I’m hoping to leave work a little early to try and get home and catch some of these games. I love to run while watching the Thursday night games.

New England Revolution at Chicago Fire
The Revs win at home on Saturday was a pleasant surprise. I think that they are a very solid team who definitely worked hard enough last year to win the Cup. Even though Chicago is at home, I think New England is a better looking team right now—even without Taylor Twellman and Steve Ralston. I saw Chicago’s play last weekend up close and personal. They were not looking up to form. Blanco spent most of his time whining and the ref ignored him. He’s going to have to learn that in the MLS, dives are very rarely rewarded. I’m giving the win to the Revolution.

San Jose Earthquakes at Los Angeles Galaxy
San Jose is back, but I’m afraid they may not be quite the team they were before they were transferred to Houston. I’m hoping they can overcome the first year curse of expansion teams and not end up in the bottom of their conference. Something tells me a win over the Galaxy would be an easy one. After watching the Galaxy’s humiliating loss on Saturday, I’m feeling that the Quakes may take this game. LA has no depth. Even with only sixteen men on their roster, I have a feeling the Earthquakes can give them a run for their money. Here’s hoping it won’t be the last win they get this season.

Go. Fight. Kill.

1 comment:

¡Vieve! said...

Thursday is the least convenient day of the week for me to watch these games on. Think of this, EPSN.