Tuesday, April 15, 2008

I'm old

After our Jimmy Eat World concert last night, I feel incredibly old. My reasons will be listed hereafter:

1. I don’t understand how teenagers dress. What is attractive about skinny jeans? Nothing! Not even on skinny people do they look good. What’s up with converse sneakers? Those shoes make everyone’s feet look like a size 15. It’s not only their clothes, it’s their hair. It’s all crazy colors that don’t make any sense. There were so many oddly dressed people there last night that I wanted to take pictures of. And why do these people dress like it’s 1985? It was not a good decade for style people! Why are you trying to hearken back to it?


2. I don’t think a mosh-pit is fun. It’s uncomfortable for everyone involved. You are pushed, stepped on, and generally sexually-harassed without being about to do anything about it. Why this is considered a good idea is beyond me.

3. After standing for over five hours, I complain. My feet hurt. My back hurts. I just want to sit down or go to bed.

4. I don’t like screaming in my music. I don’t mind loud music. I like to turn up the volume when I am listening to a song I love. I don’t feel the same about loud music I don’t know. Dear and the Headlights, who opened, were not good. When your instruments are so loud they drown out your screaming; your music sucks. Paramore was good, but she yells a lot in their songs, rather than singing. I can only listen to Paramore for a few songs before I get sick of them.

5. Everything teenagers do bugs me. There were a lot of stupid kids at the concert last night. They generally do everything that common sense would prohibit someone with half a brain of doing. I’m convinced that they are just idiots. I’m also glad that I am no longer in that category.

So, there you have it. Isn’t it great when a someone of 24 sounds like they are 40?

1 comment:

¡Vieve! said...

I did feel so old last night. And today, as I still have hearing loss in my right ear.