Friday, April 11, 2008

MLS Week 3

My second weekend predictions were a little better. I called the NY and DC victories (like they were hard), as well as the Chivas victory over RSL. I guess that one is a given, too.

Chicago Fire at San Jose Earthquakes
I can give you two certainties about this game: 1. Chicago will wipe the floor with San Jose. Sorry, San Jose. 2. Blanco will fall down a lot. Stupid Blanco.

Chivas USA at Columbus Crew
I think that even though Chivas will be at Columbus, they’ll take the three points. Columbus won their first game, but it was against Toronto. They’re back to old form after losing to New York last weekend. They’re good, but not great. Chivas, quite simply, is great.

Colorado Rapids at New England Revolution
I am worried about New England. Twellman and Ralston are going to be out for the greater part of two months. They won their first game against Houston. They lost their second game against Chicago. Then on Wednesday they beat Kansas City (which Gabby said was the sloppiest game ever). It’s all over the place for them right now. I’m hoping they beat Colorado. I think the home field advantage will be beneficial.

Houston Dynamo at Kansas City Wizards
Kansas City was quick to get six points, but then lost to New England. Houston lost to New England and was only able to manage a tie against Dallas. They have both been taken down a few pegs. Houston is a good team, but don’t seem too keen on proving it, lately. I’m having a really hard time calling this one. Let’s give it to the home team.

New York Red Bulls at FC Dallas
Dallas almost beat Houston on Sunday, but lost their lead. It was a pretty amazing game, anyway. New York had a great game against Columbus last weekend. Angel has not scored yet, but I’m sure he’s eager to; and lead New York to victory.

DC United at Real Salt Lake
I guess being mad at RSL is not really justified. I said at the beginning of the season they need time to get going. Not to mention, they aren’t historically a team of victories. Every time I think they will win, they lose. And often, when I think they might lose, they win. I’m expecting a Real loss. (Maybe then they will win.)

Toronto FC at LA Galaxy
I have a feeling this game is going to be very boring. The bulk of the time will be spent commenting on Beckham and all the fans that are out to see Beckham and all the celebrities in LA watching Beckham. (Look, Kobe Bryant!) This will be an LA victory, but like all their playing of late, I’d wager it will be unremarkable.

1 comment:

¡Vieve! said...

I'm fairly certain these predictions are accurate. I have ceased to do the MLS predictions, since I know you are, and whats the point of us both doing them when yours will be worded better?